Burgeoning

We have the most incredible crop of amaryllis this spring after the severe cold we experieinced in February. I often find these large flowers hard to compose but I liked how this bud was surrounded by full blooms.
My apologies to all of you who have posted in the past few weeks. I’ve been pretty much AWOL dealing with leaving the practice I’ve worked with for 19 years and venturing into new territory. Here’s hoping this old dog can learn some new tricks. One of the nice features of the new practice is that I got a nice signing bonus and was able to pick up a new camera. My trusty A77II will still do a lot of my long lens work but I am amazed at the image quality of the full frame sensor. The real good news is that the Sony A mount adapter seems to work great even with my old faithful Minolta 200mm. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A7RIII
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/50 @ f22

1 Like

Gorgeous picture of amaryllis, Bill. It looks as if mother and her child are talking with each other. Your new camera and faithful macro lens did a very good job.

Bill, best wishes on your practice change…major changes like that are always challenging. I like your combination of main bud and supporting flowers here. It’s a different approach but effective.

Great detail you’ve gotten here, Bill. The texture feels so real you can almost reach out and touch it. Colors and the flowing composition work very well. Congrats on your new adventure and challenges that lie ahead for you! Very nicely done.

Gorgeous!! And such wonderful seeing to get the bud with the full flower. The new sensor will be well used!