Cairngorm Tree

Have driven past this tree many times and its always fascinated me. Always thought it a shame that it so close to a road. Sunset was so nice this day, that I decided to stop and take a shot.

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback welcomed.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
24mm, ISO 100, F11, 1/20th secons.

3 Likes

Really well composed image, all very well balanced to go with the nice light and sky. Very well done.

1 Like

This is a great image, and the light add a lot. I especially like your very well thought out composition.

1 Like

I love the sharp detail of the very interesting tree against the soft sky. The two smaller trees are a perfect echo and the road leads me into a very inviting and mysterious landscape.

1 Like

Your composition works well to draw the viewer into the scene. I like the placement of the trees and the lighting and color in general.

1 Like

Very nice composition and colors. And about @Diane_Miller 's comment: I couldn’t agree more.

1 Like

I echo the comments about composition and lighting. Well done!

1 Like

David,
I can see why you like that tree so much as it is dripping with character and the placement of those two trees in the BG is perfect. The soft warm light in the image is exquisite and I love the way the road draws the viewer into the scene. Beautifully done!

1 Like

This is very beautiful framing; I like the composition very much - I would like a tad more breathing space around the tree. Those two trees in the BG “make the photo”.
My main complain/suggestion is, what i believe a use of a Grad filter - the top portion of the tree is so dark, the tree trunk, with had a lot of (beautiful) detail on the lower part, became excessive dark on the top.

1 Like

For all the dominance of the tree as the main subject, what wins me over in this image are all the nice secondary elements that add up to making this a masterful composition. The little tree in the background, the fence, and the light on the mountain at the end of the road are all nice small touches that elevate this image for me. Excellent work David, I’m enjoying your posts very much.

1 Like