California Bee

I was in Victorville CA in June 2021 with quite a few bees around these flowers. So I was trying to capture the ladies at work collecting food

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 90D Canon 100-400 ii at 286mm 1/500 f/16 iso 800 D500 closeup filter. This was cropped a bit and I wanted to capture the flowers and the main subject bee. Used Topaz DeNoise AI

Dean, I really like the bee off center in this image. It adds a lot of energy and motion to the image. Well seen and well captured.

Dean, you captured wonderful details in the bee. I am just wondering, since you said you made a crop, if you might have been able to crop vertically instead, using only the brighter white flowers, and maybe have more room at the top. That would get rid of the more dead blooms and that leaf hanging in from the top, neither of which is adding to the image. Just a thought. You really nailed the focus on that bee really good. The lighting is good too.

1 Like

Hi Dean,
nice focus on the bee and I like the composition with the bee in the upper left of the frame. l like the crop you chose with the brighter flowers being right where the bee is working. Nicely done.