Calla Lily

Shot on a light table with the D850, 60 mm lens, tripod, cable release. Experimenting with different looks for the calla lilies I got with my grocery order.

5 Likes

Kathy: A truly wonderful rendering of these beautiful flowers. I like what you’re doing with the light table and need to remember to dig mine out and start experimenting. Marvelous image. >=))>

1 Like

Perfect! Well positioned within the frame. I love the soft sinuous lines and pastel colors.

1 Like

Wow! I don’t normally comment on macro or flower photography (don’t have much experience in either), but this is beautiful! I just love the colors in the flower; as well as the curves and flow. Now you make me want to photograph more like this!

2 Likes

Gorgeous image Kathy! I love the pastel colors and the background really works well for this image!

1 Like

Kathy, this is really gorgeous. Love the pastel colors, the lines, waves, everything. It almost appears like it was drawn/colored with color pencils on white paper. Excellent.

1 Like

A very nice high key rendering of this lovely Calla. Nicely executed.

1 Like

Bill. It is a ton of fun and the more I get into it, the more I like it. Harold Davis‘s book called “Flowers” has great information on the technique. I picked mine up used from Amazon a few years back.

Bill. I have such trouble replying in my phone- half my messages get garbled!! Anyway , thank you for the comment. If you get Davis book or look at his light table photos, you will see that his are not pastel like this but are more transluscent . I think that is due to how much ambient light a user allows but I’m not sure. At any rate, I processed it to emphasize the pastel rather than going the other direction and it was something I wasn’t sure about although it appealed to me.

This is beautiful, Kathy. I love the way the curves of the Calla are shown off in this presentation. The lighting works extremely well.

1 Like

Artwork at its best. I miss the creative artistry category and always enjoy your creations. This is stunning.

1 Like

Thanks Patricia. I do enjoy creative! Not sure this one would qualify though as it is pretty straight out of the camera , no filters, Topaz, or other tinkering! Usually, I will note that if I do something like that