Can't access NPN from cellular device

After an upgrade several weeks ago I lost the ability to connect to NPN via my iPhone. I get the following message:

Unfortunately, your browser is not supported. Please upgrade to a supported browser to view rich content, login and reply.

Part of this message is almost impossible to read because it’s yellow fonts on a yellow background. The iPhone is up to date and is using the native safari that comes with. At first I was accessing NPN directly from the browser. Then I downloaded the NPN app and am still getting the same browser message.

Can you help?

Could you try clearing the cache in safari as a first step?

1. Open the “Settings” app on your iOS device.

2. Scroll down and select “Safari.”

3. Scroll down to the “Privacy & Security” section and select “Clear History and Website Data.”

4. Confirm by tapping on “Clear History and Data.”

I did that and am still getting same message. I also tried taking the browser out of memory and reinvading it and that didn’t work either.

Could you tell me which iPhone you have and what iOS version it’s running? Thanks Igor, we’ll get to the bottom of this.

It’s an iPhone 8 Plus with software version 14.8.1

I did some digging, and it appears Discourse dropped support for older versions of iOS/Safari in January. So the solution is to upgrade to the latest version of iOS. The 8 Plus does support iOS 16.