Cascade Creek Falls - 2

This is second image of the base of Cascade Creek Falls {posted first image yesterday - stitch of two shots at 14 mm] as it makes final descent before flowing into Cascade Lake in the Lake Tahoe Basin. This is a stitch of 3 shots at 24 mm with my 16-35 mm lens.

Please list any pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

What a fanciful approach to the scene. Without distortion correction, the viewer takes time to absorb what is seen.

Hi Dick,

Nice that you enjoyed this “fanciful image” and took the time to absorb the sceen. In fact, each shot was corrected individually for lens distortion in LR by clicking the option to do that before stitching. What is not actually lens distortion is keystoning, which occurs when the plane of the detector (film or sensor in this case) is not parallel to the plane of the object. This is most offten seen when a camera is tilted up to capture the extent of a building from top to bottom. The top of the buildng is narrowed relative to the bottom. In this case it is just the opposite, since the flow of the waterfall is below me not above me. I might have been able to correct for some of this by tilting the image with LR controls, but I would certainly have lost much of the imgage in doing that. I thought it was more valuable to see the whole image, keystoning and all, than to try to correct the verticality of the trees in the image by tilting and loosing much of the image. A shift/tilt lens might have corrected for some/much of this - I just don’t have one. Alternatively a lens mounted on a bellows could do the same - again I don’t have one.

Thanks for the technical background on the image.
Just for fun, I played with edit>Transform>Warp, Image is still funky.