Cast: Hackberry Emperor with wasp and fig

Description:

Specific Feedback Requested: Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5dMk III, f-9, 1/120 sec. and 800 ISO. Touch of saturation to upper wing, Topaz Sharpen and Denoise.

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites) Not a composite.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

1 Like

Ha, I love this. It’s a terrific confrontation. Nice catch.

The large image looks quite over sharpened. That might be from downsizing to web format…or maybe using both Topaz processes…not sure.

Even though, the composition is quite compelling.

I also like the composition, Wayne. Was this a large crop? I agree with David that when trying to view in the large view, it looks like maybe it is over sharpened or a large crop. I love that you were able to get a butterfly and wasp on the same piece of fruit.

Thanks Guys, I agree with the large crop and the saturation is more than needed. And I’ve got to back down on Topaz sharpening by using the automatic setting more.

Love all the colors going on! Between the butterfly, fig, background and wasp, it’s really beautiful and an interesting encounter!

Thanks Vanessa, this has been a wonderful year for butterflies and other insects. My flower gardens and fig bushes attract all sorts of insects and birds. Don’t know how these guys deal with diabetes but I’m sure Mother Nature works it out.

Nice shot, John, with dazzling colours. I hope you enjoy the figs too!

Thanks Mike, the figs have been wonderful this year both for photos and eating.
Wayne