Cattle Egrets

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Walk in the Park with a 500 mm lens at 7.1

Technical Details

6DII , 500 @ 7.1

Hi Balan,

I love the lighting in this!
The colors and the details are awesome to say the least. The IQ is really impressive.

At first I was a little put off by the second egret in the BG but the way you managed the brightness and soft focus, it made it a non-issue for me.
The foliage in the FG isn’t a distraction either, I think the fact that it’s somewhat typical park environment that makes it work in my opinion.

The color, lighting and details in the main egret seem to dominate the scene and that’s what it’s all about, right! :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing.

H i, Balan. I really like this image. The repeating squares of the perch pull the eye into the frame and the leading character is very nicely done. You don’t mention cropping, but I’d love to see this as a vertical with a bit more room top and bottom. Unfortunately, the small foreground plants would make it pretty difficult to just add canvas even with the fancy AI stuff we have today.