Cello Case Rocks - WC #884

I hope this fits the theme OK. Not exactly rock-art per se, but a bit different I thought.
This was a location in the Alabama Hills during a springtime sunrise. Not sure if there is a formal name for this group of rocks but thought a few kinda looked like cello cases…:clown_face:

Not too much to add beyond the sunrise was off to the left corner here and there was no wind at all this particular morning…:sunglasses:

Wista DXIII 4x5 - Schneider APO 150mm - Velvia 50

Nice composition and some really interesting rocks, Paul. The bloom array does a very fine job of leading up to the rocks.

1 Like

Paul, a striking mix of plants in bloom and interesting rock shapes. In addition to the cello cases, I see a dog’s head towards the lower left, :crazy_face: Definitely fits the theme, as art is in the eye of the beholder.

1 Like

Paul, even though I do not see the cello case, but I think this is absolutely gorgeous with the flowers in the FG. Could always use a more interesting sky but can’t really complain given the complexity of the subject here. The diagonals created by the flower/rock and rock/sky boundaries are also very dynamic.

1 Like

Another nice desert scene, this time a desert garden. I would not mind seeing all of the lower left plant, but not a deal killer. It fits the them nicely.

1 Like