Chaffinch

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)All CC’s gratefully received.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Lovely photo Lee. Can you give a little more detail; camera specs, settings, happen to know the name/type of the bird? Also, what are you looking for in the critique? Helps to know a little more before offering comments. Just a thought.

Hi Lee
I like the framing, detail and coloring. the only nit would that little gray this in the lower right corner.
Peter

Welcome, Lee. We haven’t had much participation in Avian from Great Britain of late and it’s nice to see some representation. I like the pose here and the perch works well. The grey out-of-focus blob as Peter mentioned is a bit unfortunate, but nothing major. If you’re not averse to cloning, I find the background tree bole on the left makes the bird look crowded. Detail in the Chaffinch looks excellent.

Well composed with nice color. Bird is a tad soft. Gray area in RLQ is easily fixed. Hope to see more birds from Britain.

Agreed that we need more birds from Britain! Detail on the chaffinch looks good. The intruding limb in the RLQ has been noted. I thought the shot was a little flat, so I added a touch of contrast with a curves adjustment:

You know the bird better than I, however. So, I might not be accurate. Otherwise, I’d just like to see the file larger. Looking forward to more.

1 Like