Chilled Pines

Loch Tulla, Bridge of Orchy, Scotland

Across the Bridge of Orchy is a small road that leads you to the back of Loch Tulla and some very pleasing scenery not to mention a delightful grove of large Scots Pine. I have always found it best to arrive in the morning and preferably on a crisp winter day where the lighting highlights the green canopy of the pine but the grasses still have an admirable amount of frost lingering in the shadows. This view really showed off some of the big pines well so I waited for the light to spread across until it lit the bits of the scene that I was most interested in.

2 Likes

Ian, you really know how to take advantage of the early morning light. I enjoy viewing all your work. The light on the Pines gives me a warm and optimistic sense of welcome to the start of a new day. Love the colors, textures and compositional balance. All are beautifully executed.

Simply beautiful, Ian. Very strong compositionally, as always with your work, and I love the variety of hues in this. My only nit, and it is very small, would be to clone darker spot at the bottom left-center frame. It’s located about 40% of the way over, going from the left. For some reason, that spot just grabs my eye.

Ian, this is a stunning image! My suggestion, in the totally subjective category, would be to darken the highlights just a bit in the top sky part.

Thank you all I do agree, wee black holes are a bit annoying and on reflection a little more info in the highlights around the mountain summit would help as well. Hopefully a small improvement.

Oops it would help if I reposted the right update.

I like the rework Ian, the lower contrast in the foreground helps to bring out some of those subtle green/blue tones in the grass. The light on the center tree is gorgeous, you did a nice job of processing to showcase the light on that tree. Very nicely done…

Just a superb image enhanced greatly by your repost Ian. Sorry I missed this one earlier. The light coming from the side just barely kissing the foreground vegetation is super nice and the pines are absorbing that early morning golden light. Wonderfully composed as well. No nits from me on this one.