Cinnamon Teal

I took this photo through a small opening in the reeds at a pond. I liked its position in the colored water, its reflection and the oof elements. Cropped to 16 x 9.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: 1/1000, f/7.1 and ISO 2500

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Very intense color but appropriately saturated. The water is great as is the texture of the background. A very nice image and well composed.

Hi Richard
I have never seen a Cinnamon Teal thank you for posting it. The color is great and I love the action.
Peter

Very beautiful, Richard. I love the teal and its reflection, and the water is great. I’m a bit unsure about the out of focus green on the left. When I’m looking at the larger image and focusing on the teal, it gives me the disquieting feeling that a curtain is being pulled over my vision on that side.

Very nice look at the teal; looks as if you had some nice light on it. I like the water; the colors both contrast and complement the teal. My personal taste would be to crop out the green on the left as I feel it detracts from the beauty of the teal and the water.

Nice sharpness on the bird. I like the reflections and that you’ve caught him in the lighter part of those giving more contrasting color than if he’d been against the oranges. I’m in agreement on the green on the left. If you like that aspect ratio, I’d crop that out and add canvas back with the surrounding colors. I’m in the minority though on the saturation as I think it’s a little intense. Take that with a grain of salt though because my style tends toward lower saturation. :slight_smile:

Always nice to see a cinnamon teal. Water color is pretty, and I agree that the green on the left is a bit much. In an ideal world, the teal would have been turned just so slightly toward you so that it was parallel to your camera. Any chance to get a little lower at that location? I’d also clean up a bunch of those spots in the water.

I love all the colours in this photo, in fact this photo just IS colour, so I certainly wouldn’t crop anything out, that is just my opinion. Nice and sharp as well. Great shot!
Grt, Ingrid.