Cluster of Turkey Tail Mushrooms

Was walking in the forest looking for more interesting bird perches and ran across this cluster of mushrooms. Many fallen trees in my area so it is ripe with mushrooms.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5ds-r and 100x400x1.4 lens from about four feet, with f 22 and iso 3200. Believe the scene suffered in clarity with this lens but it was the lens on the camera at the time.

elwise44

Wayne, I am enjoying the colors and the the lines on these mushrooms. They remind me of sea shells. The composition is really nice with this grouping of mushrooms. It is what it is, when you are searching for one type of subject with a certain setup with lens, and then another subject catches your attention! What is one to do? I for one am glad you captured it and posted, otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to enjoy.

Hi John, I like the crop on this photo. I think I prefer it the other way around -flipped upside down though.

Hi John, I remember seeing these in my local woods last Fall, so nice to see them again (to help me remember the name, ha ha). You managed to get a really dark background to make these guys stand out…was flash used? This is a very showy grouping you found here and I like the composition with the bottom edge line slowly swinging up to the right. Lots of cool patterns in each one and I know the colors are right cuz I’ve seen them in the flesh :grinning:.

Hi Jim and thanks, no flash was used. The mushrooms reminds me of the oyster shells here on the Chesapeake bay area. I found a fallen tree in a wet area of the forest with loads of these mushrooms and because my shots were in February, I did have to increase saturation a bit.
Wayne