Cobbles & Color # 2

I posted this image in Landscape Critiques a little while back and thought it would be perfect for this week’s Weekly Challenge. This was taken one morning as the sunrise colors were lighting up the water along Cobble Beach in Acadia NP. I have always loved the cobble stones in Acadia and the sound they make as they are rolled around in the tides. I find that the sound is very relaxing; at least to me.:grinning:

As always thanks for taking a look and leaving a thought.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D800, Nikon 17-35 @ 22 mm, f 18 @ 25 sec, ISO 400, cable release & tripod.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Ed, yes it surely does fit the WC theme very nicely here. No doubt the transition zone or area of the water motion over the rocks is especially nice. That area shares a bit of a fog or mist appearance converging upon the rocks making them almost look gentle or delicate at that point. However, no doubt you could not just glide across this rugged entire area without taking care. I like the idea of the almost 50-50 split of the image with that middle transition zone. Seems to work perfectly with that overall perspective…:+1:

Ed, I totally agree with your feelings about the sound of the rocks rolling in the surf. This view brings that memory back, enhanced well by the colors in the water and glancing off the rocky shore.

A lovely image, Ed. I like the balance between the foreground rocks and the water. The long exposure of the water worked very well here.