Color & Texture

Taken at the Bridge of Flowers, Shelburne, MA Have never seen so many blooms in one grouping.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all critiques appreciated.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A6000, F22, 1/100, ISO 600

2 Likes

Sharp details throughout and yet a softness in the entire scene. Very pretty. Well done.

Patricia, those are very interesting flowers! I love their texture. The main flowers are well placed throughout the frame, and their overlap creates a nice sense of depth. I like the green leaves framing the image, but the one purple one top center throws me off. Also, there’s some cloning issues going on in the lower left that take away from the image for me.

Good catch. Yes, I did clone out an out of focus leaf on the lower left. Sloppy job I guess. Thanks for your critique. Will try to fix the clone.

Pat

What an interesting clematis! I love the colors and tonalities! The composition with several leaves poking in from the edges is different, and works for me, Maybe you can clone in a sharp one to cover up the problem area if you can’r fix it completely.?

You are so fortunate to have such a large gathering of blooms, and they are all fresh. I like the framing by the leaves.

The Bridge @ Shelburne is always a delight.

Namaste

What an intriguing mosaic of textures, shapes and colors. For me the combined effect is a semi-abstract image, which I love. The layers of depth here are wonderful. And I think the way you dealt with the leaves around the edges is a very novel solution that works very well. Great work Patricia.