Colorado Fall Recommendations

I’m thinking about visiting Colorado in fall of 2023 for a few weeks and attend a photo workshop/tour while I’m there. Can anybody recommend a specific photographer or company that does regular workshops there? I predominantly shoot landscapes and prefer smaller groups because of added flexibility and a more personal experience. Also what would be a good travel window for shooting fall color in Colorado? I will be flying over from Europe so I need arrange things well in advance. Any thoughts/recommendations would be welcome, thank you! :grinning:

@martinmaier_photography - The window for peak colors in Colorado depends a little on the part of the state. I think the best part is Southwest Colorado, and specifically the Ouray, Silverton, Telluride area of the San Juan Mountains, That area is usually peak around the 25th of September, but of course there are no guarantees.

You’d be hard pressed to beat @David_Kingham and @Jennifer_Renwick to travel with. David is the owner of this site. Your desire to have a small group and someone who knows the area (David & Jennifer live in the area) is a great match.

2 Likes

I agree with this assessment. IMO, the best time to be out is Oct 1-12. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I could not make it to Colorado in the fall of this year. I would be very much interested in small-group workshop opportunities at that time in 2023. A friend of mine was in Summit County (Breckenridge, Silverthorne, Frisco, etc.) the last week in September and was able to capture some beautiful fall colors. It does seem that the first week in October is peak season, though. @martinmaier_photography , if you hear about any workshops there, please share it here, if at all possible. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation @Keith_Bauer ! Unfortunately Martin, we will not be teaching a fall workshop in 2023, we needed to take a year off to focus on our own work. As for other workshop leaders I would trust, here’s a few that come to mind:

I would agree that first week of October is primo time. The leaves seem to be changing later every year.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the great recomendations @David_Kingham :ok_hand: I hope you enjoy your creative time off and come back with some amazing portfolio images. :slight_smile:

1 Like