Common Camas

The signature flower of the prairies where I live. they’re carpeted with these starting any day now. We had a lot of rain last night and early this morning and it seemed to bring quite a few of these into bloom, so I went out to photograph for the “After the Rain” weekly challenge and posted an image of one specimen of this flower there. This is another.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

How does this crop work?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Five image stack. All images taken with Canon 5DIII, 100 mm f/2.8 macro, tripod with legs fully splayed, f/6.3, 1/800 iso 1250, manual exposure and manual focus. Stacked in Helicon Focus. Other processing in LR & PS CC. Cropped from a horizontal original. Taken this morning at 7:50 am under overcast skies.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Dennis: A nice find and a fine capture. Looks like Spring to me. Well done. >=))>

Wonderful image, Dennis - the crop looks great to me. I like the natural and not over saturated look of the image. And the water droplets are great. What a wonderful flower this is. I like how you isolated these two flowers to keep the image simple and impactful. Lovely.

I don’t know this flower, Dennis, so it’s especially nice to see it. Your judgement of the dof, to get just a sense of the environment without distracting from the flower, is spot on.

Another fine look at this flower, Dennis. The flower looks great and the water drops are a special addition.

The wild flowers are beginning to bloom and this is a nice subject. The inclusion of the rain drops make the image more interesting. Nicely done.