Common Yellowthroat

This was taken a couple weeks ago. Cropped down a bit. LR and PS to remove a couple highlights.
7DII, 700mm, f/6.3, 1/1000, ISO 400

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Excellent, David. I like the pose and the perch and the background is superb-displaying a great sense of habitat without being in the least distracting.

1 Like

Excellent color, detail, pose, perch, and environment. No nits here. A nice shot.

I also like this quite a bit, especially the surrounding habitat. I haven’t come close to getting a decent shot of one of these fellows, so I can appreciate the difficulty. I’d add a bit of contrast to the bird and a slight vignette to the frame, something like the below:

Good detail and the setting is very nice. Very nicely composed.

Nice separation between the subject and background David, not easily managed with these guys as they’re often right in the middle of everything. Nice work.