Concentric

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

2 Likes

Well now that’s mesmerizing. What a find. I’ve known some lichens to be this cool green and you’ve caught it really well. Cameras get fooled by it sometimes and render it too warm. It stands out really well from the heartwood. Nice find and I think the square crop suits the repeating circles.

1 Like

This is one of those fractals @Ed_McGuirk likes so much. It truly is mesmerizing. It’s stunning and absolutely beautiful. I don’t know what to compare it to. It’s galactic. I feel myself expanding and then contracting back into the center.

2 Likes

Wow, Chris. These colors with these patterns are so unique. I agree, the square crop is perfect. What a great find!

1 Like

Wonderful image. I too find it mesmerizing. I keep looking at it as my eyes are drawn to the center bull’s eye. Great color find and management too.

1 Like

Cris, this is very well seen and presented. The pattern and your comp. fit together perfectly. The bit of extra wood in the center is a fine, subtle break in the pattern.

1 Like

Thank you all for your comments!

As already said, the colors and pattern is really great. I also like that you have included some anomalies.