Coronated Tree Frog

This frog was found at Paraiso de Ranas and is the same site David Schoen mentioned in his post. I had attached an Extension Tube in hopes of achieving a macro look, along with a kiss of fill flash.
Sarapiqui, Costa Rica

What technical feedback would you like if any? any comments aprreciated

What artistic feedback would you like if any?All feedback appreciated

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

D500
Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 @ 190mm
SB-900
12 mm Extension tube
1/500s @ f/10
ISO 250
FEC -2.0
LR CC/DxO PhotoLab 2
Handheld

I like the effect that you achieved with the extension tube, Chuck. The angle of the frog is perfect. The lighting seems to have worked very well. A very good image.

I really like this exotic frog image. I wouldn’t change a thing. I keep seeing fine wildlife shots from down in Costa Rica. I might just have to go down there and try my luck sometime.

We’d love for you to join us Dave, you’d have a great time!

Grbbitt. Very nice view of the frog with excellent detail and color. I have learned that specular light bothers some viewers from the comments I receive on mine.

Very nicely framed and very well executed, you managed to control the flash light very well !

Gorgeous specimen, Chuck. Flash work looks good, not too harsh. If you still have some original canvas on the left, I’d consider bringing that back in, while cropping a bit of the empty black off the top to make this composition a little more balanced.

Max

On close examination, your DOF is quite shallow. But you’ve managed it so well it’s better in my view it’s better for that, helping emphasize the unique character of the frog. I also admire your strobe work. When subjects are close strobe angle is critical, and you nailed it.