Crawford Spring Colors

Spring foliage colors from Crawford Notch, New Hampshire. I was attracted to the mosaic of spring color at the bottom of the notch, and how the colors faded into the fog as you move up the mountainside.

I’m looking for any input on the amount of fog shown, is it too much, too little, or is it Goldilocks (just right)?

Specific Feedback Requested

any critique or comment is welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5D MK4, Canon 70-200mm f4 lens at 200mm, ISO 20, 1/10 sec at f11

I think this amount of fog is good for the look you’ve created. We have this appearance of fog on the San Francisco peninsula as it creeps over from the sea and it’s always intriguing. However, if you had more fog there would be a different scene and that too would look good. So I think the right amount depends on the what you’re trying to convey. Speaking of SF, the incoming fog always has a cooler look than this image so I’m used to thinking that way. You might try that. However fog images from further south are sometimes quite warm.

This has a wonderful assortment of spring color, Ed. You have whites, reds, greens and yellows all scattered around the scene and topped off with swirling fog up top. There is certainly nothing wrong with the amount of fog you included, but I would be curious to see one with a little more for comparison if you have it. You do not notice it so much in the smaller version, but when opening the larger one I like the fact that some of the evergreens are only partially obscured by the fog adding a little mystery to the scene. Beautifully done.