Forest creatures
Rough shaking very old trees
To make them fall

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

6 Likes

You’ve done a good job with a busy scene with some dramatic light. I find the bottom lower left and the left side of the image a bit bright for my taste. The upper left has some hot spots. I typically have trouble with these types of scenes and the extreme range of light. Hard to keep the sky from blowing out. I tried to reduce the highlights in the bottom left and left side and cropped to remove the hot spots just to give you an idea. I like your original crop.

Ben you certainly find some interesting subjects. This is crazy good. I love the “dead” of the tree against the life of the background. And it keeps my interest. I can see Bryan’s recommendations, but I also like it just the way it is.

Ben, This is a great subject and I like how you photographed it. I too can see Bryan’s points but for me the original works best with a little lighter feel. I like the brighter light in the upper left I guess.

This is a complex engaging image, Ben. I absolutely love this as I find it both inviting due to the soft warm light on the left, while mysterious and foreboding due to the darkness on the right. You are the master of these type of woodland scenes. I know I would not have really paid much attention to this tree yet after reading your haiku it is perfectly obvious. Beautifully done!

A beautiful woods scene, Ben. I do like Bryan’s redo of the ULC; that seems to work well. I kinda wish there was a touch more breathing room on the left as the crop at the base of the tree seems a little tight. Lovely composition and very good processing.

Ben, your woodland images are usually warm and inviting, but I really like the sinister turn that you took here. It’s an interesting combination of warm & inviting , and spooky scary at the same time. I like your processing overall, but I would suggest taking the ULC to somewhere in-bteween your original and the rework by @bryannelsonca

I would also suggest burning down the bright strip of grass along the bottom edge, I think it would make the dead tree pop even more.

Nice haiku too…

@Ed_Lowe , @David_Bostock , @Ed_McGuirk . @Nick_Bristol , @bryannelsonca , @Bill_Chambers .
Thank you all for the remarks and rework (which I like) To me the brighter part was necessary to support the story in this image. I had to distance myself from what would be better when the creature wasn’t there.