Crested Butte, CO in July 2023

Hi, everyone! Looking for some help with a planned photo trip in July in Crested Butte, CO. We are flying into Gunnison and don’t plan to get a car. Any tips for transportation to CB and best places as a “must see” for someone who doesn’t get there very often? I appreciate the insight. Thank you!

You won’t be able to see much besides downtown CB without a car, so I would highly recommend reconsidering that! Then check out Kebler pass and Gothic. West Maroon Pass if you have a 4wd for incredibly alpine wildflowers! If you’re hikers you might consider the hike from CB to Aspen and take Dolly’s shuttle https://www.crestedbutteshuttle.com/summer

1 Like

I agree with David about reconsidering a car rental. The only other option I can think of is using a guide service. You can find several by googling, “Crested Butte Guide Services”. I think a vehicle rental would be less expensive and provide more flexibility,

1 Like

Thank you both for your responses and location tips. I reserved a vehicle this morning. I agree that will make it easier to get to more photographic locations, and we’re going specifically for the wildflower blooms! I really appreciate your help! Thanks!

1 Like