Culinery Herb

I posted another image of my Rosemary plants in bloom on the weekly challenge site and had several replies that no one had ever seen this plant in bloom. Dennis Plank suggested that I do a stacked image so here is a 10 layer stack processed in Zerene. In order to keep the plant still while taking the image, I utilized a very stiff wire attached to a light stand. The wind certainly makes image stacking much more difficult.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?iso 100, 105mm macro, f4, 1250th, D850

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

A wild looking flower head, David. As stated before, I’m going to have to try growing this stuff if for no other reason than the photographic opportunities. I’m kind of surprised that the floral tinkerers haven’t started messing with it as a decorative plant instead of an herb.

Nice job with stacking this in the wind, David. The main flowers are nice and sharp and I really like the oof leaves as a backdrop. Not sure about leaving quite so much room to the R but this is a very appealing and interesting image.

David: A different and IMO effective comp with this mostly vertical bloom presented in a horizontal frame. The stack looks good to me and I like the light as well. Nicely done. >=))>

Interesting subject that I’ve not seen before. My only thought is that if you had moved to the left a bit the background would have been less busy and a bit darker giving more importance to the flower itself.