Curling

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details: Canon 7D, 10-22 @ 10, 1/500 @ f16, ISO 400

This ` sculpture ’ is actually an information panel giving the history of this old dockland site, now renovated - with a curiously shaped war museum in the distance.

Hi Ian,
Non-nature category is slow sometimes, but I thought I would chime in a little here. I find the display really interesting. It looks like it has a recessed area underneath so folks could sit there during a break and eat lunch. I think as a photograph it might be too busy, too many competing subjects without any real visual relationship or resonance between them.

With everyone staying home, I assume this area is not crowded and you could perhaps go back, maybe isolate the display or do architectural shots of the war museum. Maybe at night something is lit up and some backgrounds disappear and that could make for an interesting photograph.

ML

Ian,

Well done - nicely photographed. Prior to reading your description I had no idea what the blue structure was… actually I wasn’t thinking structure at all - more like a pool skimmer or some floating device to put in the harbor… But now of course I get it.

Not sure if this was your intent, but I get a connection between the blue panel structure and the museum in the background; the lines and curves are similar - just not as contiguous with the building, there none the less. at least for me.

Lon

Thanks @Lon_Overacker for clarifying what was perhaps just an instinctive association - I knew I wanted the museum in view but was not entirely sure why !