Curved Tree along AuTrane River

This is another picture I just made on my trip into Upper Michigan. I shot this while hiking along the AuTrane River about 12 miles west of Munising in an area that I quite enjoy. We had a lot of wind and rain but on this day the wind was quite still for awhile and that is when I made this 5 second exposure of these trees.

Pertinent technical details or techniques to help others learn:

Canon 5DMk4, 16-35 F/4 @ 35mm, ISO 100, F/16 at 5 sec.

If this is a composite please be honest with your techniques and share some details so others can learn:

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
1 Like

Beautiful forest scene, Nick. I like the opposing curves and rich colors.

The subdued light is perfect for this woodland scene, Nick. I also like the color transition of summer to fall as well as the graceful curve of the tree. Beautifully done.

lovely forest scene @Nick_Bristol. Love the curve in the tree.
-p

Harley, Preston and Ed, Thank you guys! I had a great time in the woods that along the AuTrane River. The wind had completely stopped so it made for some nice shooting conditions of trees and leaves.

It has that strong “Eastern woods” feeling, with beautiful light. I has to look really close to realize it was not the Georgia piedmont - the hemlock branch on the left dispelled the illusion. The undergrowth and general feel would be impossible to tell apart.

Really enchanting. I like how earthy yet vibrant the colours are presented as well as the terrific composition.

Alberto and Kah, Thank you guys! Good getting your thoughts and glad you like it. Cheers, Nick

Beautiful, Nick. Has your signature look.

You have a way of taking things that could be very chaotic and making something that is organized and peaceful. I always enjoy your images.

Dave and Richard, Thanks guys! I appreciate that! Cheers.