Dahlia version 1

Recently moved into new house in SW France where the garden had been negrlected. There are a variety of dahlia that needed tidying up before I photographed them. This is my favourite:
Nikon E885 f7.6 ISO 100, 1/88se. Tripod.

It’s a beautiful flower, Chris, and I love the lighting on the flower, so soft, like I can image the pedals are.

Thank you Shirley. Natural light, early evening when the sun was well down but some rays were just managing to sneak through the foliage top right of the pic.

Hi Chris, nice specimen and it’s nice to see a bit of the surrounding plant too.:+1:

A lovely flower in a nice setting. I like the glow on the top leaves and the small bee as well.

Gorgeous dahlia! pretty clean, with lots of leading lines.

Chris: Beautiful capture of a beautiful flower. My only suggestion would be to rotate the camera slightly to the left so that the bud in the LLC (which I think is a nice element) has a bit more room and to cut off some of the stuff on the right side. I like your DOF management. >=))>

Thanks Bill, Sadly that flower is no longer photogenic but that bud is still there albeit not doing very well. However I do take your comments about shifting it on board and will bear that in mind for future shots of a similar nature.

I love the lateral back light that creates splendid plays of light. Beautiful photo Chris also for me.

Thank you for your kind words Giuseppe, glad you like the photo.