Daintiness of Spring

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I am always drawn to these dainty tree flowers. Don’'t know what type of tree this is however. They are sprinkled in the forest of NE PA. I thought an ICM would highlight them well from the BG trees. This is a start stopped followed by vertical motion.

Technical Details

82 mm f/22 0.6 sec iso 100

1 Like

Hey Mario, this looks really cool… nicely seen. I think you did a nice job with this.

Hi Mario, I like the ethereal quality of the flowers and the motion. I find the background a bit distracting. One idea when in the field would be to take several different exposures. For example, focus on the background and do a more aggressive vertical ICM. Then focus on the flowers and do a “normal” ICM. In post, you could blend the two. Good work experimenting!

Mario,

I like the idea here and I like the balance between the motion on the blossoms - and the static blossoms we can recognize.

I’m not as excited about the background and really like Alfredo’s idea of blending two different frames. I think that’s a great idea!

Perhaps some vignetting to keep the eye in the middle a little bit, but still there’s not really an anchor and again, the bg for me is taking away from the motion of the lovely blossoms.

Lon

1 Like