Dark eyed Junco male & repost

This image of a Dark Eyed Junco was taken in fairly bright sidelight. What I find unusual in this image is the eye color. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Juncos eye show up so red in an image. It almost looks like a Spotted Towhee’s eye.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
ISO 640, 400+1.4 X, F6 .3, 2000th, Sony alpha-1, shot through my open bedroom window

I think the light works well here. A pleasing image with good detail, an interesting perch, and a nice background. I wonder if the eye color is just related to the angle the sun caught it.

A beauty! Great details even if a super-thin DOF. I like that you placed the bird higher in the frame so it can look down the stick. Background is great, too. Really helps the bird be so distinct. The colors are interesting, too, especially those pantaloons!

The eye does look unusual. It’s normally brown – I wonder if you have a variant of some sort?

You got a nice image for the harsh light. I think it’s worth a repair job on the pruned twig at the top.

Here is repost with fixed twig. I thought about repairing that. It does look better. Thanks for the feedback.

Excellent job! Attention is now totally on the bird with the perch playing a supporting role. :wink: And you have a lovely color match between the reddish tones on the bird and the perch.

Hi David
The light looks good to me and the has a nice kick on the eye from the back lighting. The color and detail are also very nice.
Peter