Dawn at Core Creek

This park was on my shot list for some time. Entry at dawn, however, is somewhat restricted. Some friendly local fisherman, who always seemed to gain entry, provided the answer. This morning was gorgeous with calm lake waters, parting clouds, and just a little mist on the horizon. I live for shots like this.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D810, Nikon 12-24 f/4, Manfrotto tripod with custom made L-bracket, ND grad filter

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
1 Like

Lovely image. There’s a nice movement up the frame from the dark rocks to the distant light. What good luck to find the friendly fisherman !

Thank you for the comment. I photograph mostly at local parks surrounding Philadelphia, and they are usually populated by fisherman during the morning. I find them to be a mostly sociable bunch as long as our activities don’t interfere.

Beautiful image, Marc. Nicely composed and wonderful range of colors.

Marc, I like the sense of calm created in this simple, but effective image. I love those rocks in the water, and their different angles of orientation. I always thought that landscape photographers and fishermen are somewhat alike in that they are among the small number of people who get to experience twilight and sunrise on a regular basis.