Day dreaming

I just love watching the reflections on the river when the sun is out, and the water is so blue. Really enjoy getting lost in the patterns the water makes.

Thoughts, comments and suggestions are always welcome. Thanks.
Nikon D7200, F/8, 1/200, iso 160, @85mm, handheld.

2 Likes

Very nice! Lovely pattern made by the white and blue areas interlocking. The darks make a lovely accent.

Linda,
This is a scene that needs to be viewed large to really appreciate. I am thoroughly enjoying all the varying shades of blues and whites reflected on the water as well as the interesting ripples throughout the frame of this interesting abstract. This may not be what you had in mind, but what do you think about cropping off some of the blue on the left side? For me all the wonderful stuff is on the right 3/4’s of the frame. I hope you do not mind, but here is a rework with what I was thinking. Great eye to spot this gem.

Thanks, @Diane_Miller and @Ed_Lowe. Ed, yes I so agree with the crop you’ve made. What always draws me to this type of scene is the memorizing patterns and shapes. I was a bit hesitant to crop too for fear of loosing the detail, but this is perfect. Thanks for taking the time.

@Ed_Lowe’s crop is interesting. I can see another one that removes about half of the blue on the left, but leaves the curved edge of the white that sweeps back into the blue area in the center.

I agree that you have to see it big to appreciate! It’s beautiful! When I first saw it I thought it was a dusting of snow on the ground with some of the brown earth showing through, which also would have been beautiful but not a reflection! Nicely seen!

Thanks, @Vanessa_Hill. As Diane suggested another crop I agree, I could look at this for hours and come up with as many different crops. Fun stuff.

Linda, it seems that I missed this post. Reflection abstracts like this are always challenging to frame. Your pano crop has good eye movement across the frame as it goes from dark to light (or visa versa). I could see cropping out much of the blue on the left for a very different view/feeling, emphasizing the brown/black parts in the ripples. I thoroughly enjoy spending lots of time looking at and photographing “scenes” like this because there are so many options and they change constantly.

No worries, @Mark_Seaver, there are so many wonderful photos here at NPN, it is easy, at least for me, to get lost. . .in a good way. I too could spend way more hours than I have playing with many different version of these reflections. Fun stuff. Thanks again.