Death Star

Protecting our garden is Chrissy’s version of this Passion Vine mounted Death Star ion cannon. Designed to repel all invaders with the exception of Gulf Fritillary butterflies who like to lay eggs on the leaves. All comments welcome. May the Force be with you. >=))>

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/10 @ f22

2 Likes

What a beautiful flower, and a wonderful capture of it, Bill. I have thought a few times about getting a Passion Flower, but have yet to do so. Now I’m not sure I have the space for one. You really captured the details so very nicely. Love he angle that you shot it from, allowing the viewer a nice look at the stamen and the inside center of the flower from the side view. Very nice.

Ha ha! Super title.
Nature’s intricate designs and colors are jus amazing. I like this closeup, with great details throughout.

Mark, this is so amazingly beautiful. I hadn’t realized it was such a defender. Sounds like a great plant to have. Makes me want to go and get some for our garden. Nicely done.

Passion Flowers are so unusually shaped that I much prefer this shot of it to your second one, as you concentrate here on that beautifully weird structure. I guess by the time the GF larvae start munching, you’ll have plenty of leaves - and what a bonus to get that great butterfly too. You did a great job getting all this in focus, Bill.

Excellent Comp Jim in that I am drawn into the flower which is one I have never seen . The color is just amazing. The focus area was set very well.

Bill, Passion flowers are such an unusual shape. You’ve done an outstanding job of showing this one off. The dof really shows off the inner parts as well as so many of the purple rays. “you couldn’t beat this with a stack…” :wink:

1 Like