Delicate weeds of late summer

This is an experiment, obviously using Photoshop and my imagination! I love these delicate little grasses and “weeds,” an the ink drawing look enhances them, IMO. I’m eager for any and all feedback.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Plants on lightbox

in 1 image, taken into PS, inverted and played with different blending modes.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Kathy: Wonderfully conceived and expertly executed. A number of years ago there were some folks making similar images with scanners that created some really interesting results. I especially like how you arranged these and the placements in the frame. Most excellent.>=))>

Creative and beautiful. Would make wonderful note cards! (Cards sell well and most small shops welcome them)

Very creative, Kathy. Very well thought out, arranged and executed from capture throughout the post processing.

Kathy,

Wow! what an experiment! I’d say quite successful! What is striking is the individuality of each stalk… yet they appear to be coming from the same source. Regardless, simply a creative and beautiful combination.

You’ve already gone with the ink drawing look - which works beautifully. If I was to offer any suggestion it would be to increase the luminosity even more and perhaps even go all the way to black and white. The cool WB here is just fine, but IMHO, the color here isn’t really relevant - it could be much warmer, it could be monochrome… the strength here is in the intimate and delicate details of these individual stalks.

This is quite delicate, graceful and just beautiful.

Lon

Your composition and execution are very good. I would suggest a white balance to remove the lightbox blue, which does not enhance the image. Then look at it with fresh eyes. This will help you decide if you want a tint. Personally, I think a little color would be nice, but try a pure B&W also.

Kathy
Gorgeous! You just keep experimenting and coming up with lovely stuff!

I agree with trying black and white, although I find the blue quite pleasing.

Works for me. Simplicity is one of my favorite things in photography.