Desert Blues

This image was taken at Alvord Lake playa in the Oregon High Desert country. The playa had been dry but it had rained some and the water was slowly creeping across the playa.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback appreciated.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

1 Like

Very nice! I’ve only been there when it was dry and it’s very nice to see the reflections and a bit of snow on the mountains. I like the way the curve of the water’s edge leads the eye to the mountains.

1 Like

I like this and love the reflection. Not a nit, but just wondering if you tried a comp from a lower camera height if the mud cracks would be more of a feature and additional leading line? I too like the waters curve.

This is a lovely image. I’ve shot Alvord several times but it’s never had any water. I suppose earlier in the year is a good time to find it.

1 Like

Igor, I was there just after Memorial Day.

Chris, the curved shoreline and reflection of the distant peaks work very well here. How neat to be at a place like this under “unusual” conditions, that’s a good way to get pictures that most others don’t have. There’s a tiny white line along the upper half of the left side that suggests multiple images combined, was this stacked?

Not stacked. I don’t even know how to do that.

That line might be the gravel road that runs alongside the lake about there.