Desert Rainbow

Chinle formations in the southwest US are some of the most fantastic rock formations I have seen. They can be found at several locations in the Colorado plateau but not all of them are as colorful. A little contrast and color work here brought out the various layers of sediment at this location. This is a multiple shot stitched panorama.

Sony A7R3, 100-400mm, f/11, 1/30, ISO100

6 Likes

These badlands formations are just great “eye-candy.” Very nice processing to leverage and separate the available color palette.
Cheers!

2 Likes

This is spectacular! Looks beautiful in the pano ratio.

1 Like

These are amazing. I’ve never seen anything like it. Thanks for sharing. I’m doing a month long road trip to CO, NM, and UT in the fall. I’ll have to try to find something like this.

2 Likes

If you don’t own it and have never been to Utah I would strongly recommend the book “Photographing the Southwest Vol. 1 - Southern Utah (3rd Edition): A Guide to the Natural Landmarks of Southern Utah Paperback – March 5, 2015” by Laurent Martrès …a must

1 Like

Stunning light and color Satie.

1 Like

Satie,
Beautifully done, the colors, texture, tones…everything looks great!

1 Like

I really love this image, @Satie_Sharma. Its the kind of image I wish I had. The colors and light are fantastic! Nice work!

1 Like

Gorgeous colors, Satie. I like how the center is brighter than the top or bottom, and the colors are just incredible!

1 Like