Desert sunflowers

In a spring with some rain, the Desert sunflowers and sand verbena in Anza Borrego State Park provide some beautiful complimentary colors.

2 Likes

Yes. beautiful flowers with complementary colors. Flowers nicely framed. Love the pink background. Toning down some highlights on the bright yellow petals can help improve this. There is some noise in the background. removing noise can smooth out the background.

1 Like

Beautiful spring wildflowers. I would agree with @ravi 's input, too.

1 Like

Dick: Delightful flowers. I like the light which gives this image a lively character. I agree about dealing with the noise but everything else looks good to me. >=))>

Dick: I like the juxtaposition of the bright and detailed flowers against the muted tones of the background. My only minor suggestion would be to crop a bit from the bottom as the bright oof flower LL is a distraction. Fine otherwise. Richard

1 Like

Dick
Lovely flowers and the color difference is perfect between the flowers and the BG. I agree with Ravi re knocking down the highlights a bit in the yellow. If you work in LR, you might try to radial filter to do this individually on the flowers.

@ravi @Kathy_Snead @Richard_Sandor
Curious about your thoughts on how I interpreted your suggestions …
There were no highlights in the yellow, but I played with saturation and contrast in the yellow flowers to give them more texture.
Denoise background seemed to work ( DRebel XTi vintage 2006)
Rather than crop the lower OOF flower distractions, I put them more oof and vignetted a bit.

Dick: I like all the changes that you have made. Though each was small, they add up to a very nice improvement. Richard

1 Like

I agree with Richard!

Dick, The image looks much better with the changes you have made. The background also smoothened out with Denoise and the highlights are much tamed. The image looks what it intended to be with much more impact. Good work.

Thank you for the coaching