Dew drops on vine

I saw these dew drops on a vine in my front yard it just stopped raining, at about 6:30 in the morning. I used a Pentax K20D with a Tamrom 70-300 f/4-5.6 set at f/22 mounted on a Bogen 3036 tripod with a ball head.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Very nice, Timothy. You have a nice collection of droplets with refractions, with nice details in the stem. The background is very supportive to the subject. If it was my image, I think I would crop out the leaf and limbs on the right side. They to me seem more of a distraction than support to the overall image. You could also crop a bit from the bottom or the top, to off center the stem a bit and see if that improves the image. Just a thought. Very well seen and captured.

Timothy: I agree with Shirley about cropping the right side and would in fact crop a lot tighter to give as much emphasis to the drops as possible. This is a quick and dirty example. I do like your DOF control and BG. Nicely done. >=))>

1 Like