Do Six Swallows Make a Spring?

Far from my best Tree Swallow image, but there were half-a-dozen here last week (they left for a couple of days of ugly weather, but were back today). They’re arguing over bird boxes-a definite sign of spring around here.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 600 mm, hand held, f/8, 1/1000, iso 1600, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 3056x3656. Taken at 8:39 am on March 5th.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Love the way the bird is checking out the cameraman, Dennis ! Nicely framed.

Dennis, we hit 70 yesterday and there were bluebirds checking out my nest box here in MD and doing some singing. That stare looks very intense. I’m also enjoying the lichen on the roof and detailed weathering of the wood.

This little bird definitely looks like its very defiantly protecting its claim on this seasonal home! Hard birds to capture because they don’t stay still for very long, but you did a nice job of capturing this one, Dennis!

Hi Dennis, one of the first things I noticed was the background, or lack of it. So you created a perfect backdrop for your bird and it’s future home (glad you included so much of it instead of filling the frame with bird). Also love the pose you caught, as if to say, “I’m claiming this as my own, do don’t even think about it”!