Douro river from Foz Côa

Specific Feedback Requested

C/C welcome

Technical Details

Nikon D810
Tamron 24-70
Is this a composite: No

3 Likes

This is the sort of image that was more common in NPN 1.0 and is less common now. It’s a fine image. I would probably crop from the left and off top to move the tree closer to the middle but there’s no really good reason to do so.

For me this is one of those classic foreground/midground/background landscapes which successfully challenges the rules by having a mid-ground that’s more interesting than either the foreground or the background. Yes the tree anchors the foreground, and the sky is not dull (but not exciting either). But for me the most appealing part of this image is exploring the mid-ground. The sky and trees add to this image but in a secondary way that does not overwhelm the midground. Initially I also wondered why you didn’t center the tree, and why you cropped in so tight on the tree. But then I appreciated why you used that approach, because it prevents the tree from becoming too dominant, and instead it allows the viewer to appreciate the rest of the image.

Very nicely done Joao.

A really nice understated image. I really like your comp. I find it very well balanced and effective at pulling me into the image. I would not change a thing.

1 Like

Gorgeous, @joaoquintela. Very easy on the eyes. Classic composition and exceptionally well-balance processing.

I agree with Tony (and others) that this is a well-processed gorgeous classic image. It is a joy to watch such a professional work. Great!

I love the look and feel of this image. Beautifully photographed and processed. Great composition and so pleasing to view!