Eagles on a Shoreline #2

In this photo, there are 19 eagles perched along this short section of shoreline. In the entire cove, there were hundreds. As in the prior post, I liked seeing this number of eagles and their setting. One eagle took off as I shot this, adding a bit of action to the scene.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any and all.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any and all.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon D 500 and 80-400 lens at 1/800, f/11 and ISO 720. Cropped to a pano.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Another nice collection of eagles. As with many animals, a strong food source does wonders. Wonderful detail and color. I like the water. Interestingly, the Vancouver BC dump has one of the highest concentrations of Bald Eagles in North America although I would prefer to go where you were.

What a fun image! I’ve never seen more than 2 or 3 eagles together. I love looking through this photo at the various birds/pairs. Some appear to be having a conversation. :wink:

I think I like this even better than the last one, Richard. The two Juveniles and the half-hidden adult add an element of hide-and-seek to the image, which makes it hold my interest.