Early Heralds

Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/1000 @ f11
Our incredibly mild winter(?) continues and our snow drops are starting to bloom. These are two of the first buds to flower. Decided to add a little oil paint to spice things up a bit. HDR blend of five images to counter excess dynamic range. All comments welcome. >=))>

So simple but beautiful in addition to being a true sign of spring. Very nicely presented.

Hi Bill,

Lighting is awesome and the comp works for me. Awesome…Jim

Amazing that you are having flowers blooming and butterflies about, in January, Bill. This is really beautiful. I like the treatment to it as well. :+1: :+1:

Nicely balanced composition…is one of the petals a little obscured on the right flower? I really love the upcoming bud climbing out…that makes the image more of a story. As I’m intrigued about macro work, I’m struggling with how to approach a scene and see elements that tell a story…this I think is just great!

Personally, I’m a big fan of the oil paint treatment/effect and I think it works well with this image.

What about a square crop and centering the two on this @Bill_Fach?

Simple, strong and elegant, Bill. I find snowdrops ( which we have now in abundance ) very difficult to compose - you’ve done a great job here with the stems and bud at the top if the triangular comp.