Early morning at low tide

Early morning at low tide

This morning in northeast Norway

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
HDR

Beautiful photo. I might dial back the cyan, but can’t argue wth the leading lines.

Fascinating rocks and I like how the composition pulls me into the frame. The sky though, maybe doesn’t quite seem to match the rocks tonally, especially that one rick sticking up into the sky. I’m impressed that you were able to hold this dynamic range so well, but it seems a little off. My first thought is the rocks should be a little darker, but I’m not entirely sure.

Wow, talk about the perfect lead in line! The details and textures are particularly nice in the large version. My only suggestion would be to dial back the cyan a little in the rocks. The rock formation is certainly fascinating looking. Beautifully done, Jorma.

Thanks for the nice feedback guys. I fixed the portion of the sky a bit and but I didn’t quite understand what you mean by the portion of cyan but i adjusted the color temperature a bit. But all in all small adjustments here and there

Those are some very impressive looking rock formations, and I love how you composed the scene here. With rocks this good, an in-your face composition works well.

While color is subjective, I agree with @Ed_Lowe comment about reducing cyan. One way to do it is in Photoshop with a Color Balance adjustment layer. With one of the sliders you reduce Cyan (equivalent to adding Red). I have done a rework to illustrate that (and I darkened the shadows a bit too). This may or may not be what what you aiming for with your vision of the image, but this is where my personal taste would run.

And here is a screen shot showing the Photoshop Color Balance adjustment

AA_ Screenshot 2021-08-27 084939