Early Rise

I had not much time over the last months to shoot or spend on the web, so I hope to catch up a bit as of now :wink: … This Pied Avocet walked past me in the early morning light. Thanks for any feedback ! Cheers, Hans

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D500 with 500mm f4 | 1/400s | f4 | ISO720 | underexposed 1/3EV | camera on bean bag | from hide

1 Like

I’m liking the light in this shot. Nice pose with the feet.

I like the soft and warm morning light, and this little one’s pose which seems contemplative to me. I especially like your low to the ground POV. Congrats on getting out there early and witnessing this scene.

You have captured a beautiful bird in a lovely setting, with a nice low POV. Colours are dark, but soft.

I might consider another version with a tiny bit of “shadow” lifted, particularly from the bird’s face; just enough to see his eye more clearly.

1 Like

Hi Hans
You show this Pier Avocet in a great low angle, with nice worm coloring. I think Glennie made a good point on lifting the shadows to see the eye better, but I think a local brush may work better, this way you can leaving the back ground as is.
Nice photograph.
Peter

Thanks @Allen_Brooks , @Mark_Muller and @peter for you comments. @glennie , good point and an improvement to the image ! Cheers, Hans

Hi Hans,

Excellent pose and glennie’s edits put it over the top. Well done…Jim

1 Like