Eastern Bluebird, female

Bringing in food to the next box. I think she has a wolf spider. Added canvas on right and cloned out edge of nest box on left.

Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600 C, monopod
ISO 640, f6.3, 1/1600s

Any comments appreciated.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

allensparks.wildlife

1 Like

Good detail, nicely composed, nice background. The spider and wing position help tell the story. Nice capture.

1 Like

That is a really nice photo. Lovely bg, bird with nice side view, wing up, sharp and a spider to boot. Good for you.

Hi Allen,

Pretty good shot with just a hint of wing blur. I wish that more of the blues would be present, but that’s the way it goes for structural colors. Awesome results…Jim

Superb in-flight shot with excellent color, detail, wing position and blur, and pray. A tough catch for the photographer.

A beautiful shot, Allen. Wonderful details of bother the spider and bluebird. I am still hoping ours will come back. First time I saw them this spring, a mockingbird attacked one of them and had it down on the ground. So they may be scared away.