Eastern Phoebe 2, Odonata 0

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Comp OK?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500 600mm f4 (1/1600 sec at f6.3, ISO 2000) Levels, Topaz DeNoise Ai, Shadows & Highlights, Brightness & Contrast, Cropped to 10 by 8. I set up one of last years cup plant flower stems and the phoebes prefer this perch when close to the nest. The light was too dim for this ISO settings, but was hoping to get a take-off shot. Little more light would have been helpful. I have been positioning myself further away to get more working room and the poses are much improved. The dragonfly is an Epitheca species. Enjoy…Jim

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Excellent, Jim. I’ve used the same perch technique for Bluebirds and it works very well. Great background and I like the relatively loose composition.

1 Like

Well composed and wonderful color. I like the crop and the bug. Looking at it a second time, I might crop the top a little.

1 Like

Hi Jim, I really like this. Nice curvature of the perch in the frame and the background sets everything off very well. Love the dragonfly. The loose crop is quite pleasing with nice placement of the subject in the image… Well done.

1 Like

I agree with everyone above. This is really nice. IQ on the bird is great, I like the background, and the curved perch really compliments. Of course, prey always adds. I think I’d crop in a bit from the top so the frame is a little less square.

1 Like