Echoes in my mind

Description:

A vernal pool - one of my first shots of one - reflects the forest almost perfectly. I remember holding still and my breath on the banks and doing my best not to be devoured by mosquitoes. It was worth it and one of my favorite vernal pool images. I’ve since shot them more and even did a seasonal study of one across the street before my neighbors built their house near it.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Obviously this is flipped. Originally I posted it online in its actual orientation, but this is sort of interesting. Too manipulative?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? No

Tripod w/CPL

Processed in Lr for exposure, white balance, etc. And the flip.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Geez, I can’t tell it’s a reflection, Kris. What an excellent scene. Kudos!

Reflections in water were meant to be flipped! Amazing stillness and perfection. The clue in the corner is the perfect touch!

Incredible sharp reflection, if you had left out the clue in the LLC it would have been impossible to figure it out without the tag. Great image with wonderful green colors and tree trunk structure.

Thanks guys! Glad the flipping works. It was so still that day I could hardly believe it. Usually there’s some kind of breeze.