Eclipse

I was going back through some of the images I took of the eclipse in August of 2017 and was processing some more images. I took a lot. We live on the path of totality for the 2017 eclipse. I appreciate any feed back on this image.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7D, Sigma 120-400, 400 mm, 1/160, F8, tripod and remote shutter release

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ā€˜igā€™ and leave your Instagram username below.
3 Likes

I really like this. It looks like it could be in the opening credits to the HBO series " Raised By Wolves".

I absolutely love the design of this image. The overall image concept and composition are excellent. The image looks like a view from a science fiction movie, and has a lot of impact for me. My only suggestion would be to pull in the black point a slight bit and add a bit more contrast in the darks. The highlights look great, but deepening the blacks would add a little more snap to the image for me.

Beautiful Diamond Ring effect Richard. That sharp central flare burst makes this special.

Very striking and quite beautiful. I love the graphic design of the image. Looks great.

The best image I have seen of the ā€œdiamond ringā€ effect, which lasts only a fraction of a second at the beginning and end of totality. Perfect exposure and wonderful starburst!

Iā€™m new here and have been trying not to post older images but I guess itā€™s OK. Iā€™ll post a composite I did of the eclipse.

I would enjoy seeing some of you older work Diane. Some folks here post mostly current work, but feel free to post whatever you want. More participation is a good thing, and with critique you might find newer ways to look at older images.

Thanks @Ed_McGuirk ā€“ I will! My mantra has always been that the paint never dries.

I agree, it has a lot of impact on the viewer. A very unique capture. Well done in my view

Outstanding, as good as the Eclipse can getā€¦