End of the road + repost

repost

Not sure if this counts as “signings of aging?” But when I saw this leaf on the trail a couple of days ago, the sun was just peaking through a tiny hole in the canopy making this skeletal of a leaf glow. And so I hoped it would work for the challenge.

I like the lines of the two stems, and played with removing the stem connected to the leaf, but decided I prefer leaving it in. Any thoughts or comments appreciate?

Post processing: ACR; linear profile/auto, clarity/lighten leaf, burned hotspot on background. PS; cropped to 14x12 and added brightness/contrast adj. layer.
Nikon D7200, f/9, 1/200sec., iso250 @135mm, handheld.
Thanks for stopping by

A very interesting skeleton of a leaf, Linda! I think it’s great for the challenge. I love the fragile skeletal look, especially in the large version. In this particular case I would actually like to see it a little more centered since it’s the main subject.

You are so right, Gary… . … once I thought about it, it was like I wasn’t seeing “the forest through the trees.” Truly appreciate your thoughts.

Linda, the skeletonized leaf looks great especially in contrast with all of the green leaves. Given the spot lighting on the leaf, I think your original post looks best and is well balanced between the bright skeleton leaf and the inviting green leaves with most of the attention on the leaf skeleton.

Thanks, Mark. It was one of those morning where the early morning sun was peaking through the trees, quite magical time of day.

What a neat find, Linda. I agree with the others, the skeletonized leaf looks great.