Eucalyptus in Fog

Description: Eucalyptus trees on a foggy morning at Crabtree River, Tasmania.

Specific Feedback Requested: All comments welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? No

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Welcome to NPN, Anthony. A fine first post of some beautiful trees. I really like the fog and the mood it creates. No suggestions here, the image and processing look good to me.

1 Like

Anthony, welcome to NPN, that glowing front Eucalyptus definitely grabs attention. Then my eyes shift left and back to the right as I follow the trees (and the grass clumps) into the fog.

1 Like

Hi Anthony! This is a beautiful landscape! You captured it well! It looks like a painting.

1 Like

Welcome Anthony. This has such a warm, soft quality to it that naturally draws the eye. That center Eucalyptus glow is unreal and the papery bark shredding itself is just gorgeous and dripping with color. The cool blue of the background fog add a nice mood to this scene and the soft colors of the grasses add just enough color and life in the foreground without being overbearing. This is getting really nit picky but maybe crop or burn the 2 small, light spots in the URC but I am really stretching to find anything that might need work. This is nicely composed and seen and the light you have here is super high quality.

Nothing to add to the above comments other than that tree guy on the left scowling at me is a bit unnerving.

David, thanks for your comment and suggested edit. I will try what you suggest.

Thanks Jim, I cannot unsee the face now.

Welcome Anthony! A great first posting. In addition to what has already been said I want to emphasize that you have lined up the trees very well.

Anthony, Sorry about that.

Harley, thanks for your comments.

Ola, thanks for your comment, I did spend some time trying to balance the trees and space on either side of the central tree.

That is fine Jim, my response was tongue-in-cheek…

I figured it was. Thanks.

Anthony, the lighting is so beautiful. Great capture!