Falcon

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The shrill call took me to the terrace, an looking down I found this falcon, probably a juvenile, seemed to be pre-occupied with something else. My presence did not bother it atall.
6DII, 70-200 F 8

Balan Vinod

Technical Details

6DII. 70-200 F8

Oh how fun, I love it when I get an unexpected wildlife encounter. Last month our cat was busy freaking out about something outside and we looked and there was a broadwing hawk fooling around in a bush right up against the house. Looking for mice I assume. No photo though. I like the one foot up pose here and there is enough crispness there, too. You could lighten the bird just a touch as the blacks seem a bit deep here. Cool catch.

What a great moment to capture from so close. The colours and iron give such an industrial feel juxtaposed with this amazing creature…it tells a great story. Well done!

Very cool image, Balan. I agree with @Robena.Sirett that the juxtaposition of the brick and steel with he hawk (this looks like a first year sharp-shinned or Coopers hawk to me) really works. The eye is awesome. I’m debating on the exposure. In some ways I’d like it brightened overall a little, but this exposure gives it a real industrial-gritty feel that I like.

Balan, what a neat surprise and you were able to get a nice photo of him. Wonderful details.

Many thanks to each one of you , who viewed the image and commented. Some of you know well, that I am not a bird photographer.

Thanks each one for the encouraging words. May be I will look at some birding

Balan Vinod